If you’re thinking about renting a property in Northern Virginia, you are about to enter into a contract with the landlord. And any time you enter into any sort of agreement, you should ask the right questions before signing on the dotted line.
We’ll cover some of the most common questions in a series of blog posts, but here are the first ones you should consider asking the landlord or property management company:
- How much is my monthly rent?
- What is the length of your lease?
- Can I rent for longer or shorter periods?
- Where is my rent to be paid, and when is it due?
- What forms of rent payment are acceptable?
- Is there a penalty or late fee if my rent is late?
- Is there an “escalator clause” in my lease, whereby the rent increases at a certain point?
- How much is your security deposit?
- When do I pay it and when will it be returned?
- Do I receive interest on my security deposit?
- What would prevent my security deposit from being returned?
- If you allow pets, is there a pet security deposit?
- What utilities are included in the rent and which am I responsible for?
- What type of heat does this home have?
- What type of air conditioning system does this home have?
- What form of garbage collection is available?
- Which cable TV and Internet services are available?
- Why utilities are required, and what is their typical monthly cost?
If you have questions about renting a home through Propman Property Management, please give us a call. We’ll be glad to answer them. You can also find some of these answers on our FAQ for Renters page.
- Propman’s New Website Offers Expanded Benefits
- Propman Inspections Protect both Owners & Tenants
- Safety Tips for the Older Tenant
- Does Your Regular Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Your Rental Home?
- Is Your House Prepared to Be a Rental?
- What Happens to Home Rentals in a Seller’s Market?
- We Love Hearing Great Things About Propman