This post continues Propman’s series on the questions you should ask your landlord before renting a property. In Part 1 of this series, we covered questions on rent, security deposits, and utilities. In this post, we’ll list a few more of the important questions that will affect your stay in your new home.
Lease Application & Terms
- How do I know if I quality to rent the property?
- Do you perform a credit and background check?
- What forms do I need to fill out?
- What fee is required with the application, and what money is required when I sign the lease?
- What do I do when my application is accepted?
- Who is the landlord or property manager?
- How many people are allowed to live at this property, and does everyone who lives here need to be on the lease?
- Will my lease renew automatically each year?
- What notice is needed to renew or terminate my lease?
- Is there an early termination option or fee?
- Can I sublet this property or assign my lease?
- Is there a sublet fee?
- Do I have to pay for professional cleaning when I move out?
- Do we do a walk-through move-in inspection?
- Is there an end-of-lease walk-through inspection?
- Do you perform periodic inspections, and what kind of notice do I get for these?
- If damage is found, do you help me repair it, or provide resources for repairs?
- If my property is found not to be clean when I move out, who is responsible for cleaning it?
You’ll find that when you rent from Propman Property Management, that most, if not all, of these questions will be covered in your application process, or be listed in your lease. If, however, you want to ask additional questions, please feel free. We want to help make your rental experience a great one.
For additional important questions to ask, see Part 1 of our series, and stay tuned for more questions next month.
- Propman’s New Website Offers Expanded Benefits
- Propman Inspections Protect both Owners & Tenants
- Safety Tips for the Older Tenant
- Does Your Regular Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Your Rental Home?
- Is Your House Prepared to Be a Rental?
- What Happens to Home Rentals in a Seller’s Market?
- We Love Hearing Great Things About Propman